Monday, March 19, 2018

03/19/2018 - Magazine cover ideas

     We've been talking a lot about all the type of information that I will be including in my magazine. But what the people really want to see if the magazine cover. The cover is KEY for grabbing people's attention. They want to see a picture that makes them want to read into the magazine. They don't want just any random picture with words written all over it. The layout has to be appealing to them. You want the cover to give out good vibes and give you the feeling that this is the magazine you want to take home and read. As stated in an online article I read earlier, " According to experts of advertising and magazine writing arena, first impressions are 94% design related." Did you guys hear that? 94% of first impressions are design related. This is basically saying that without an attractive magazine cover, the magazine won't sell. You have to be very careful with what pictures you use, where you place the title, the font the title is in, the placement for the other story headers, and a lot more. Here's an example of the layout I'm thinking about for my magazine. Keep in my that I won't be using the fonts or pictures in this example for my actual magazine. This is just to show you guys my layout.
NOT actual magazine cover. Concept of the layout.

As you can see, to the left we have a concept of where to place the title, image, and the cover article. I created this magazine cover using a website called Canva. This website allows you to create a blog, magazine, advertisements, etc. I'm planning on having the main picture as the background and having the title all the way at the top of the magazine. then, the cover article name will be located in big texts in the center of the page. The rest of the minor articles will be written under the cover article name and in a sampler text. The reason I chose this layout was because it makes it appealing to the viewer and everything is easy to read and locate. I don't want to make my readers have a hard time trying to figure out which one is the cover article or where the names of the other articles are located.




Work Cited:

“Boxer with Flames Boxing Sports Magazine Cover – Magazine by Fabrizio Polito.” – Magazine by Fabrizio Polito, www.canva.com/design/DACyaF1xmi8/s538WwZdiTRbv2YKy53EcA/edit?layoutQuery=magazines.

“Why An Attractive Cover Page Is So Important In Magazine Printing.” Publication Printing | Marketing & Publishing Tips, 29 Jan. 2018, www.shweiki.com/blog/2017/10/attractive-cover-page-important-magazine-printing/.

Quinn, Tony. “Secrets of Magazine Cover Design.” Magforum, www.magforum.com/cover_secrets.htm.

No comments:

Post a Comment