Tuesday, March 6, 2018

03/06/18 - Titles and Topics

     What do I title my magazine? What genre should I pick? What should my topic be? These are all questions I would ask myself when I was given the task to create a magazine. I decided to start of little by little by choosing my topic and my title. Choosing a topic wasn't that hard. I don't know anything about food to write a magazine on that. Im not interested enough in fashion, art, politics, history, etc., to write about any of those things either. but then it hit me. I've been and athlete my whole life. I love to watch soccer, basketball, football, and many other sports on television. So that's when I decided to write a magazine about having a healthy lifestyle. The way I chose to do this magazine was by researching how to find the perfect magazine topic. I went on this website called Jilster and it started naming ideas of how to create a magazine that I would enjoy. It started saying telling me to focus on my personal life and the things I do that are fun to me. So I started thinking about what I do best. playing sports, being active, and eating healthy.
     Now comes the hard part. Once I chose my topic and had an idea of what to write about, I had to come up with a title that can make people want to read this magazine. I decided to do some research. I went on this website called "Bust-A-name" and listed key words that have to do with my magazine topic. For example, sports, healthy, fit, etc. then it would make a combination of the words and come up with titles. It would give me names like "Healthy Living" and so on. After looking down the list decide to brainstorm my own ideas. I though of words like Champion, Stark, and Athletic. Since this magazine is about staying healthy and playing sports, I decided to title it "Livin' Fit." This title is basically telling people how to exercise, eat, and take care of their well being so they can be as healthy and fit as possible. 

Work Cited:

Jilster. www.jilster.com/tips/ideas-topics-school-magazine. 



Bust-A-Name. www.bustaname.com. 

No comments:

Post a Comment