Tuesday, March 13, 2018

03/13/2018 - I decided to make some changes...

     I decided to make some changes to my project but before we get into that lets have a recap on everything we've done so far. We picked our title, we have a genre, and we have a font for the magazine. But now let me tell you a little bit about the changes I decided to make. For those of you who remember, this blog used to be called "Living' Fit." Well, I decided to change the title. Let me explain why. The title of an article is basically the first thing that viewers read before they get into the article. It needs to catch their attention in order for them to want to keep reading into it. the title also has to accurately describe the contents of the script, article, blog, etc. Living' Fit was just too basic. it just gives the idea of how to live fit basically and that sounds boring even to me. I ended up changing the title to "Fitness Frenzy." The word frenzy means extreme mental agitation; wild excitement or derangement. This title sounds a lot more aggressive. Sort of making people get motivated to stay fit and making them want to find out more about this fitness frenzy lifestyle. Insanity is a synonym for the word frenzy. Giving people the idea that this isn't going to be easy for them. They're going to have to be dedicated and follow all the procedures stated in the magazine in order to achieve their goal of staying fit.
Font #4
     That wasn't the only thing that changed. Let's talk a little bit about our font. To start off, fonts are one of the most important things when writing an article. It needs to be comfortable for the reader. Before i came to the conclusion of picking font #5, i had chosen font #4. To the right is an example of what it looked like.  Now let me explain why I didn't end up choosing that font. Sure it's a nice, appealing font. But it's almost too nice. It looks like a relaxing font which in this case "relaxation" isn't the message I'm trying to spread. I want people to know being fit is hard, intense, etc. i want them to me hyped and excited to start this type of training. This is why i ended up changing my font to option #5. Disregard the name "Livin' Fit" and just focus on the font. Font #5 really make the title a little more serious and aggressive unlike option #4. So basically these were the 2 details that i had to change and why I changed them!
Font #5






Work Cited:

“The Importance of Titles.” Www.springer.com, www.springer.com/gp/authors-editors/journal-author/the-importance-of-titles/1410.

“Frenzy.” Dictionary.com, Dictionary.com, www.dictionary.com/browse/frenzy.

“The Importance of Typography.” Vital Design, 15 Sept. 2017, vtldesign.com/brand-development/graphic-design/importance-typography-part-1-fonts-speak-louder-words/.

No comments:

Post a Comment