Sunday, March 11, 2018

03/11/2018 - Picking the Fonts

Now comes one of the hardest tasks to do involved in writing a magazine. Picking the perfect font. Many people disregard the font of the article they're reading because it doesn't seem important to them. Guess what. This is one of the most important steps of writing a magazine article. I used to disregard the text font too until now that I realized the importance of it. The one thing that concerns me is, how am I going to pick the perfect font when there's literally MILLIONS of fonts all over the internet? Well, I'll have to do some research of course. I went on a website called "1001 fonts," which apparently has 1001 fonts. I started to look for bold aggressive fonts that would really catch someone's attention. After looking through hundreds of fonts, this were the ones that made the final cut.
Out of those 5 options I had to think really hard and focus on which font would really stand out and the readers actually want to follow what the article is talking about. So after thinking for a very long time I made the executive decision to chose font #5. This font is called "American Captain." The reason I chose this font was because it was the most serious font out of all of them. This magazine is supposed to inspire people to start getting in shape. Eating the right things and exercising when they can. the rest of the fonts were really nice too but I just didn't think they would make people take the article as serious as it is. The problem with font #3 was that it makes it very hard to understand what the words say. The most important part of the font is making it easy for people to read the article. Sure, some fonts seem cool and pretty but if the audience can't read what you're saying then whats the point?




Work Cited:

https://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=115

“New & Fresh Fonts.” 1001 Fonts · Free Fonts Baby!, www.1001fonts.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment